NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEBEC TAVERN NORWICH Q index
Thorpe Hamlet
95 QUEBEC ROAD THORPE HAMLET    
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 (1867 - 1965)
MORGANS  
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
SPRING INNS  
Licensees :
JOHN STEWARD 1886
HENRY THOMAS KING 26.06.1888
JOSEPH YEOMANS BLYTH 13.08.1889
JOHN CARTER 17.08.1889
Convicted 05.01.1915 of selling out of hours.
Fine 5/- or 5 days detention.
EMMA SMITH 07.05.1918
ERNEST MANN 05.04.1930
JOSEPH RICHMOND 25.11.1930
CECIL FRANK HOLLAND 06.04.1943
HARRY JOHN SKINNER 07.11.1944
THOMAS EDWARD DORMER 09.07.1946
THOMAS HENRY FITZGIBBONS 29.08.1950
GEORGE FILBY DUFFIELD 10.05.1955
FRANK EDWARD TODD 03.01.1956
HERBERT THAYNE 19.11.1957
JACK DOUGLAS HAGUE 07.06.1966
OLIVE HAGUE 06.01.1981
.OLIVE HAGUE & ANTHONY HAGUE 17.11.1981
WILLIAM STEPHEN JAMES 19.11.1996
PETER MICHAEL WOODING 12.05.1998
-  
FELIX & LISA SNELL
Went to WINDMILL by 2015
by 2009



First licence granted 1886 following surrender of the licenses of the GOLDBEATERS ARMS and the HOP POLE.

Entrance on Wolfe Road.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
383 barrels of beer
70 spirits.


Observed closed February 2016
  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
Late 19C No 5 4 Yes
A two-storey building in brick with a pantile roof, casement windows, corner entrance now blocked; was two rooms but interior wall has been removed.
Wood panelling at one end; painted cream at other; two tile-surround fireplaces from 1930-40; oval Bullard's looking-glass; reproduction Victorian lighting fittings in glass.
Very plain and basic, large room plus small snug at back of pub.