NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ROBIN HOOD NORWICH Index
Robin Hood Index
84 MOUSEHOLD STREET
ANCHOR STREET
St. JAMES FULL LICENCE -
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867-1967)
St. MARTINS BREWERY The property of the late John Day, offered for sale by auction 13.07.1797
STEWARD & Co Property described as leasehold owned by George Morse, c1845
STEWARD & PATTESON  
WATNEY MANN  
COURAGE 22.02.1972
PUBMASTER  
-  
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM ARNOLD
worsted weaver
1760 - 1764
NATHANIEL HEAVERS / HAVERS 1810 - 1830
AUSTIN BENNETT 1836
THOMAS ARNUP 1839
THOMAS CLAYTON
Previously at Light Horseman, Barrack Street.
1842 - 1846
EDWARD SPOONER
age 35 in 1851
& mat maker
* 1850 - 1859
EDWARD Spence (?) 1861
EDWARD SPOONER by 1864
JAMES SLOAN
(John Sloane according to Hamilton 1879)
15.10.1878
FREDERICK JAMES MARCON 10.10.1884
WILLIAM GUNTON 08.05.1888
Convicted 10.11.1888 of allowing consumption out of hours.
Fine 20/- plus 17/6d costs.
ROBERT BUTCHER 10.10.1891
WILLIAM NEAVE 05.01.1892
ROBERT WALTER BRUNDISH 10.06.1913
EDITH BRUNDISH 20.08.1918
ROBERT WALTER BRUNDISH 13.05.1919
EDITH BRUNDISH 11.05.1926
GEORGE SAMUEL MOORE 11.03.1941
ROY CLEMENT STYLES 07.10.1952
JAMES ELLIS 15.11.1955
THOMAS EDWARD GINN 17.03.1964
ERNEST EDWARD BLAXTER 16.07.1968
BARRY COLIN PAYNE 13.10.1970
JOHN CALVERT 18.10.1982
DAVID DONALD HOWARD 25.11.1986
MARY EVE ANDERSON-COWLES 19.09.1989
John Gaul & Claire Walker July 2004
DIANE GILLICK October 2010
-  


House no. 470 on 1845 Magistrates list
 1984
1984

Given as the ROBIN HOOD & LITTLE JOHN at various times from 1822 to 1888.

Address also given as Anchor Street,
Barrack Street and as at
Pockthorpe.

Provisional order issued 1888 for removal to a new house, to be built at the rear of existing premises, and adjoining the public road to Mousehold, called the Lokes.

Provisional removal declared final 19.02.1889

Listed as a beerhouse 1937.

Closed by September 2003
Re-opened July 2004
Closed briefly 2010
  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
Mid 19th C No 3 5 No
Used to have a door to Anchor Street.
Possibly had three bars at one time, now only one.
Tongue and groove ceiling in front part of bar.
General character of interior: Dull.