NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
STAFFORD ARMS NORWICH Index
35 HEIGHAM ROAD
HOWARD STREET
HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE from 1863 CLOSED 28.06.1976
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to 1/8/4 ( 1867 - 1965 )
SEAMAN & Co  
GRIMMER & Co 1872
BULLARDS 1878
WATNEY MANN 1967 to 1976
Licensees :
ALFRED MASON
Operating as beerhouse
1862
ROBERT PRESS by 1863
New licence granted August 1863
WILLIAM HENRY AYRES 15.06.1886
JOHN LINCOLN 10.10.1888
JACOB SAMUEL HOWARD 10.10.1891
SIDNEY KING 10.10.1894
HARRY SNEAD 10.10.1896
ERNEST HAMMOND 16.11.1897
ALBERT MALLETT 1908
JOHN WICKS 12.10.1909
GEORGE HENRY CANNELL 23.08.1910
HARRY ATKINS 29.11.1910
SAMUEL GREENWOOD 05.04.1911
RACHEL GREENWOOD 03.02.1920
FREDERICK JAMES PALMER 06.04.1920
ALFRED EDWARD KEYMER 05.01.1932
GEORGE WILLIAM AUSTIN 05.04.1933
THOMAS HAROLD RIDER 26.08.1941
Convicted 20.10.1941 of selling out of hours.
Fine 10/- on each of 2 cases
Convicted 23.03.1944 of selling out of hours.
Fine 10/- on each of 2 cases
ALBERT CHARLES POINTER 11.07.1944
TREVOR READ 02.10.1956
RICHARD KETTERINGHAM 10.06.1958

 



An application for a licence was made upon the behalf of Charles Edward Townshend, formerly head waiter at the NORFOLK HOTEL, on Friday 6th September 1861. The magistrates were inclined to grant the application, but since Mr. Townshend was absent from the hearing, it was refused.

Licence application made by Alfred Mason at Annual Licensing Meeting held 19th August 1862, but refused  since the magistrates considered the locality already had sufficient public-house accommodation.

Robert Press gained a new licence 25th August 1863 owing to large increase in buildings in the neighbourhood and the need for extra public-house accommodation.


Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942

Closed June 1976 under Watney Mann ( East Anglia ) Ltd.

Became an equestrian supplies shop.