NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
VOLUNTEER STORES NORWICH V index
Volunteer index
1 CHAPELFIELD ROAD St STEPHEN FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1964
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 - 1965)
MORGANS  
JOHN BLACKWOOD after 1894
LACONS by 1953
Licensees :
FREDERICK SCOTT 20.08.1867
JOHN BAXTER 30.09.1868
HENRY WELLS 04.04.1871
GEORGE ALFRED MOWBRAY 21.11.1871
HUBERT GUYTON 23.07.1872
WILLIAM BLOGG 17.12.1872
WILLIAM JOHN WILLIAM WATLING 03.10.1874
Convicted 06.10.1874 of selling out of hours.
Fine £1 plus £1/1/6d costs or 1months detention.
Convicted 04.11.1874 of failing to admit the police.
Fine £2 plus £1/0/6d costs or 2 months detention.
WILLIAM BLOGG 08.07.1875
FISHER PORTER 10.10.1878
ISAAC BLACKWOOD 29.09.1881
JOHN BLACKWOOD 25.04.1882
SAMUEL BLACKWOOD 16.02.1892
Convicted of selling elsewhere than on licensed premises.
Fine 10/- plus 17/- costs or 7 days detention.
WALTER ERNEST PEAR 10.05.1898
JOHN HARRY SUTTON 07.02.1899
JOHN HENRY LANE 16.06.1903
SAMUEL BLACKWOOD 30.08.1904
WALTER EDWARD HANSELL 09.05.1905
FREDERICK JAMES PEED 13.10.1908
HARRY BURGESS 11.06.1940
WILLIAM CRISP 31.12.1940
BERT WILLIAM STEWARD 15.07.1958
JOHN RICHARD McBRIDE 11.06.1963


=awiting demolition - c1969 image by Jack Roberts, via Eastern Evening News.
c1969 image by Jack Roberts - via EEN
Awaiting demolition.



At the Annual Licensing Meeting 28th August 1866 Frederick Scott applied for a new licence for a house recently built at the corner of Chapel Field Road directly opposite the Drill Shed. The Chief Constable opposed the application on the premise that there were sufficient public-houses already in the area - Application refused.

Licence granted upon application Tuesday 27th August 1867.

Advertised To Let 14th October 1871, situated opposite the DErill hall and with excellent Stables. - Apply to J.B. and H. Morgan, Brewers, Norwich.

~

Freehold (was) owned by the Lord Mayor, Alderman and the Citizens of Norwich.


Premises closed 1964 - Licence not renewed.

Demolished 1969 to allow building of the inner ring road.

The original bar was removed from site and reused at the
BYSTANDERS CLUB.