NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WINE VAULTS NORWICH W index Q index
Wine Vaults Index
13 CASTLE STREET
BACK OF THE INNS
St. PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE See NORFOLK WHERRY
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
EDWARD JOHN ATHOW by 1856
EDWARD MANNING EDWARDS 1878
WILLIAM DANIEL EDWARDS 1892
BASS & Co Ltd (Second mortgagees)13.05.1898
WHITBREAD & Co of London 14.04.1905
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS BIGNOLD 1806
JOHN BIGNOLD 1806
HENRY SKEELS 1806
Messrs COCK & PITCHERS 1807
JOHN EDWARD ATHOW
(Edward J Atthow 1846 - Wine & Sprit Merchant)
1845 - 1846
Mrs ANN BROCKHALL
(at the WHITE ROSE 1845)
1846 ?
EDWARD JOHN ATHOW by 1856
WILLIAM DANIEL EDWARDS 10.12.1877
EMMA E. EDWARDS 22.06.1897
FRANK SEGGER 09.10.1897
HENRY FRANKS 10.05.1898
JAMES WILLIAM QUICK 27.11.1906
WILLIAM JOHN QUICK 23.08.1927
CLIFFORD WILLIAM ALDRIDGE 22.11.1927
WILLIAM JOHN QUICK 11.05.1937
Premises closed for trading 31.03.1963
HAROLD CHARLES MILESTONE 30.04.1963


1876 invoice for Guinness

Address as 5 - 9 Castle Street in 1895.


6 day licence held from 1872 to 1963.

Known as EDWARDS WINE VAULTS by 1883
and as QUICK'S WINE VAULTS by 1914.

Licence transferred to 9/10 Castle Meadow 19.03.1963.
The premises closed for trading on Sunday 31.03.1963
Removal to new premises declared final 28.04.1964 and name changed to NORFOLK WHERRY.