NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
YARMOUTH BRIDGE NORWICH Y index
RED LION STREET St STEPHEN - CLOSED c1852?
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 (1867 - 1894)
FREE TRADE Supplied by Steward & Co from 1839 to 1841
STEWARD & Co Owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co by time deliveries recommenced year beginning November 1847
Licensees :
   
JONATHAN MUSKETT
(Brother Robert died in Swansea as reported December 8th 1832 - the late John Muskett mentioned in report.)
1810 -1830
WILLIAM ALLINGTON 1835 - 1836
JOHN BROWN 1839
SAMUEL BALLS 1842
ROBERT LINDFORD / LINFORD 1845 - 1846
WILLIAM LOFTY 1850
EDWARD HOWELL (41) 1851
   
   


Advertised 5th September 1835 as an Old-established Freehold Inn, For Sale by Private Contract with Possession from Michaelmas.
The Proprietor, Mr. William Allington, would be leaving the City.

Offered for sale by Auction 15th August 1842.
Consisting of excellent parlour, dining-room, kitchen, bar, three excellent sleeping-rooms and attic, with cellar, wash-house, and large stables attached, with hay-loft above. Then in occupation of Mr. Balls.

Advertised To Let June 1850.
With good Stabling and accommodation for 20 horses.
Apply Messrs. Steward, Patteson, Finch and Co., Anchor Brewery, Norwich.



House No. 111 on 1845 Magistrates list.

House No. 148 on 1845 Magistrates list.