NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BRICK KILNS LITTLE PLUMSTEAD Index
NORWICH ROAD BLOFIELD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  
BLOFIELD & WALSHAM LICENCE REGISTERS PS 8/6/1 to PS 8/6/3 (1872 to 1957 (?))
ALBERMARLE CATOE of Woodbastwick (Leased to Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co)
STEWARD & PATTESON 1949
WATNEY MANN from 1969
  NORWICH BREWERY from 1972
FREEHOUSE by 2009
Licensees :
-  
JAMES GREEN
See below
* to 1824
-  
JOHN GOWEN 1836
SARAH SPANTON
Age 25
1841
J SPANTON 1845
ROBERT SPANTON 1846
SARAH SPANTON
Age 38
1851
FRANCIS SPANTON 1854 - 1856
ROBERT BUNN 1858
WILLIAM H FRYER *1861 - 1864
EDWARD MILLER 1865 - 1869
JOHN RICE
& farmer 16 acres
1871
HENRY CHAPMAN 1872 to 1878
JOHN CHAPMAN 25.11.1878
ALFRED FERRABY 14.07.1884
JAMES RICE
Age 64 in 1911 and
wife Priscilla age 60
17.11.1884
PRISCILLA A RICE 08.11.1926
BENJAMIN RICE 08.11.1927
PHILIP CHARLES COLK 30.11.1931
to closure 1969
Closed 1969 - 1972
MARY & PAUL ANDERSON-COWLES From reopening 1972



In January 1822, James Green was running a Farm at Little Plumstead, but he was living in Runham.

March 2000
March 2000

The Brick Kilns, Sheds, Barn, Bullock Sheds, Stables, Five Cottages, Public House and about Sixty Three Acres of Arable Land were to be sold by Private Contract February 1824. All then in the occupation of James Green, with a Lease expiring at Michaelmas.

The BRICK-MAKERS ARMS, adjoining the road from Norwich to South Walsham, advertised 26th November 1825, To be Sold by Private Contract. Excellent and New-built with Shop, Stable, Chaise-house and other convenient Offices, together with a small Garden.

Appears on Bryant's 1826 map.

(Lease) owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co according to documentation covering the years 1837 to 1851.
Purchased by Steward & Patteson 1949.

BRICKMAKERS ARMS 1846, 1856, 1858, 1863 & 1925.

Steward & Patteson report prepared April 1969 for Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd recommended IMMEDIATE closure.
`Structure in bad state....Slime and wet on wall of bottle store.... Trade poor..... Tenant old........ Whole place dirty'

Closed 1969 and extensively renovated, reopened December 18th 1972.