NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ANCHOR BREWERY STORES NORWICH A index
COSLANY STREET St MICHAEL AT COSLANY - CLOSED c1965
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
BULLARDS  
-
GHL INNS from 1999
Licensees :
-
RICHARD BULLARD 1845 - 1856
CHARLIE & HARRY BULLARD by 1867
HARRY BULLARD 1875
HARRY & FRED BULLARD 14.02.1888
SIR HARRY BULLARD 25.06.1889
PERCY HARRY L'ESTRANGE 19.01.1904
The Directors of Bullard & Sons Ltd 14.07.1914
EDWARD JOHN BULLARD 31.12.1946
ARTHUR CHARLES PEARCE 05.10.1948
JOHN JAMES 13.05.1952
FLORENCE EDNA JAMES 08.02.1955
JACK LAURENCE SPARKES 10.06.1958
Closed c1965 to 1986
ANCHOR QUAY WINE BAR
   
TREVOR SEARLE by 04.1996 - 07.1999
   
PHIL ADAMS by 03.2001


Cribbage at the Anchor Brewery Stores.

Location given as near the bridge 1845.

The ANCHOR BREWERY TAP 1856

25th February 1868 - Bullard and Sons informed the Public that they had entirely refitted and improved the Retail Stores adjoining the Brewery, St. Miles Bridge, and would open them in a few days under their own supervision. They were prepared to Retail Wines and Spirits of every description and quality, and their superior Imperial Bitter, and other Ales, and London Stout would be kept on Draught.

This house was part of Bullards Brewery and became the
ANCHOR QUAY WINE BAR 1986 - 2001
Application to have tables outside premises refused November 1987.

Application for tables to be placed outside the ANCHOR QUAY BRASSERIE AND BAR approved August 1992, on provision that they be removed by 7:30pm.
Application made September 2001 to convert Wine Bar into a one bedroom flat and one bedroom maisonette.

Closed by October 2001.